Mera Peak Climbing - 19 Days
Trip Difficulty: Strenuous
Trip Style: Trekking and sightseeing
Transport: Private vehicle & airplane
Food: Breakfast,Lunch and Dinner
Accommodation: Deluxe hotel, local lodges and tented camp
Group Size: Min 02 to 12 Pax
Max Elevation: 6,476m/21,247ft at Mera Peak Summit
Best Month: Apr - May & Oct - Nov
About Mera Peak Climbing
Mera Peak at 6,654 meter one of the highest trekking peak of Nepal, situated in one of the remote isolated area of Khumbu. The trek starts from the village of Lukla, the gate-way to Everest. The trek from here leads to the adjoining high mountain hills of Naulekh.
Mera Peak Climbing As we leave the last settlement behind, heading east to a steep climb of three hours to the top of the ridge. From here, its a steep descent to the hidden valley of Hinku, as the bottom is reached, the valley, a pleasant walk takes you through the serene forest of pines and rhododendron with grazing pastures and meadows, then a high camp at 5,800 meter at the foot of the Mera Peak. The climb to the summit is technically straight forward on a long glacier. At the summit, we will have time to immerse ourselves with the surrounding beauty and a panorama of the mountains, including the top five 8000 meter Everest, Lhotse, Makalu, Kanchenjunga and Mt.Cho-Oyu. After the great challenging trek, we retrace our remaining journey back to Lukla for the sweeping flight to Kathmandu.
Expand All Hide All
- All airport/hotel transfers
- Guided Kathmandu sightseeing tour with private vehicle as per itinerary.
- 4 nights’ accommodation with breakfast at a 3star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trek.
- Fresh fruits every night after the dinner.
- Trekking lodge (Tea House) accommodations during the trek.
- National park permit and Peak permit.
- Two nights Camping tent accommodation above Khare. Hygienic meals (Breakfast, Lunch Dinner) with tea and coffee
- Lukla flight (Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu) including airport tax and pickup and drop.
- Experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking well trained Government license holder trekking guide and climbing Sherpa, with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance.
- Strong, helpful porter with proper equipment (1porter= two people). With his salary, food, drinks, accommodation and insurance.
- Comprehensive medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service (paid by your Travel insurance company).
- Use of sleeping bags, Down Jacket and Duffel bag (to be returned after the trip).
- Oxy meter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily (Very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms) Which will ensure you trek is in the safest hands possible for all levels of trekker.
- Assistant guide group size above 5+ people.
- Farewell dinner
- Government taxes and official expenses.
- International Airfare
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Excess baggage charges (if you have more than 15 kg luggage, cargo charge is around $2 per kg)
- Extra night accommodation and meals in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Altitude chamber (PAC) or oxygen
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal climbing equipments
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottled/boiled water, shower, etc.)
- Tips for guides and porters (Tipping is expected)
These itineraries are prearranged by their popularity with our previous guests but can easily be customized to accommodate your own schedule and desire.