Mount Kailash Yatra - 13 Days
About Mount Kailash Yatra
Hindus believe that lord Shiva, one of their three main gods, resides atop of the Mount Meru. Hindus who walk around the 52-mile circumference of Mount Kailash, use the term Parikrama. Tibetans refer to the clockwise circumambulation as a kora. Both words mean the same thing pilgrimage.
Mount Kailash YatraWalking around the mountain can away a lifetimes worth of sins. The Jains who refer to the Kailash as Mount Ashtapada believe the founder of their faith, rishabanatha, resides atop the mountain. The Bons, the religion which predates Buddhism in Tibet maintain the entire mystical region and the Nine story Swastika Mountain is the seat of all power. Mount Kailash is also the source of four major rivers: the Indus, the Brahamputra, the Karnali and the Sutlej. The comparison to the Indian legend of Mount Meru flows four great rivers that irrigate all of Asia is hard to miss.
Eighteen miles southeast of Kailash is the circular, turquoise Lake Mansarovar or Tso Rinpoche (precious lake) a 64-mile circuit, which is rarely completed except by the most devout. Bathing in the lake, or even dousing ones head with the holy water is said to be of enormous spiritual benefit to those who can brave the icy water which many claims contain miraculous powers. Hindus are told that complete immersions into the lake ensure that they will be reborn as a god. There is no place more powerful for practice and more marvelous than their abode of god.
According to mythology, humans need to visit Manasarovara once in their lifetime to live a meaningful life. A Single circumambulation around Mount Kailash wipes away the sins which have happened knowingly or unknowingly. So visit Mount Kailash and get rid off of the miseries of your life.
Expand All Hide All
To quote an approximate price, we need the number of people in your group, the category of hotel, the mode of transportation (by plane or by bus or by jeep, etc.) & any alteration in your itinerary. Please contact us with these important details first so that we can get back to you regarding the same.
- Kathmandu airport transfers on arrival and departure.
- 03 nights on twin – sharing accommodation at Deluxe Hotel in Kathmandu
- Half day Sightseeing tour in Kathmandu.
- Transfer from Kathmandu to Kodari border and back in Non AC buses.
- All applicable taxes and service charges.
- All necessary permits, Tibet/China Group Visa .
- All surface transport in Tibet by Japanese landcruisers 4500 CC with supporting truck Or by bus.
- 3 vegetarian meals a day by our experienced Sherpa staff .
- All Camping equipments (tent, mattress, dinning tent, kitchen tent, kitchen utensils, tables, chairs, toilet tent , sleeping bag,etc.)
- Duffle bag ( big bag for keeping personal clothes and equipments).
- Accommodation as per itinerary in Guesthouse
- English Speaking Guide .
- Yaks with yak drivers for carrying camping luggage & cooking equipment's during the Kora.
- Oxygen cylinders.
- Airfares to Kathmandu.
- If needed Ponies for riding upon for Kailash Kora, early request to our guide is necessary and the cost will be borne by guest on the spot. Be ware of the possible risk being thrown out by the ponies.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as travel insurance, drinks, laundry, telephone/fax calls, porters or arranging additional transportation.
- Any additional expenses caused by reasons beyond our reach such as natural calamities ( landslides, floods), flight delays, rescheduling or cancellations, any accidents, medical evacuations, riots, strikes, evacuation costs,etc.
- Services other than specified.